Tracks Eraser Pro is one of the software tools designed to clean the tracks of your Internet activity, providing support for a wide array of browsers and various other applications.
The interface is a mess and although it helps the app get the job done, you can’t even resize the main window and while the program performs a clean you’re not allowed to move it around on the screen.
But the features hidden underneath the hood are worth every cent, as Tracks Eraser Pro is able to erase the cache, cookies, history, typed URLs, autocomplete memory, recent documents, open and save history, search history, run history and even files in the temporary folder.
Besides support for the most popular browsers on the Internet, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, AOL and Netscape, Tracks Eraser Pro is also compatible with numerous other applications, such as 7-Zip, ACDsee, Acrobat Reader, Google Desktop, FlashGet, Flash Player and QuickTime.
Another good thing about Tracks Eraser Pro is the “Test Now” feature that simulates a cleaning session and shows you the files to be deleted if you perform a full clean.
Additionally, there’s a built-in “File Shredder” that allows you to remove certain files and even overwrite them for several times to make sure no recovery software is capable of getting back the data.
While the programs works flawlessly on all Windows workstations, it may stress up the CPU and RAM a little bit during the cleaning process, especially if you haven’t cleaned browser files in a while.
All in all, Tracks Eraser Pro is a very handy piece of software and thanks to its wide browser support, the program is almost a must have on any computer out there.
Some Important features
· Delete Address bar history of IE, Netscape, AOL, Opera
· Delete Cookies of IE, Netscape, AOL, Opera
· Delete Internet cache (temporary Internet files)
· Delete Internet history files
· Delete Internet search history
· Delete history of autocomplete
· Delete IE plugins (selectable)
· Delete index.dat file
· Delete history of start menu run box
· Delete history of start menu search box
· Delete windows temp files
· Delete history of open/save dialog box
· Empty recycle bin
· Delete playlist history of Realplayer
· Delete RealOne playlist history
· Delete Media Player playlist history
· Delete playlist history of Divx Player
· Delete QuickTime playlist history
· Delete Microsoft Office recent files list
· Delete Winzip recent extract files list
· Delete Acrobat recent files list
· Delete history data of over 100 other popular applications
· Secure Erasing overwrites the files a specified times with blank character, gives you the confidence that once erased by Tracks Eraser Pro, the files will be gone and no one can recover/undelete them.
· Custom Erase Item you can choose to erase your own files and registry
· Homepage Protection prevent the websites from modifying your homepage
· Boss Key you can hide the opened browser’s windows when other come in
· Free up valuable hard-drive space it can free up a lot of disk space used by the cache and temp files
· Clean Free Space Clean the free space of hard disk by overwriting every bytes of the free space with blank characters. this makes the deleted history files unrecoverable.
· Schedule Erase You can start an erase on windows startup/shutdown, or browser’s shutdown, and even a specified interval you chose.
· File Shredder With it, you can shred files easily, it overwrites files with blank characters several times (you choose), this prevents others from recovering your files.
· Stealth Mode It can run in the background silently, no one except you know it’s working and protecting your privacy
· Test Mode you can see what kind of history will be deleted before they are really deleted.